27th Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2011)
06-23-2011 --- SoCG 2011 is now over, and thanks to all the participants it was a success. Pictures from the social event are available online at the following address:
The webpage has restricted access, and the login and password will be emailed to the participants within a couple of days. Please let us know if you have not received them by that time!
The Twenty-Seventh Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry will be held in Paris, France. We invite submissions of high-quality papers, videos, and multimedia presentations describing original research addressing computational problems in a geometric setting, in particular their algorithmic solutions, implementation issues, applications, and mathematical foundations.
The topics of the Symposium reflect the rich diversity of research interests in computational geometry. They are intended to highlight both the depth and scope of computational geometry, and to invite fruitful interactions with other disciplines. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- design, analysis, and implementation of geometric algorithms and data structures; lower bounds on the computational complexity of geometric problems;
- mathematical, numerical, and algebraic issues arising in the formulation, analysis, implementation, and experimental evaluation of geometric algorithms and heuristics; discrete and combinatorial geometry; computational topology;
- novel applications of computational geometry in computer graphics, geometric modeling, computer-aided design and manufacturing, scientific computing, geographic information systems, database systems, robotics, computational biology, machine learning, sensor networks, medical imaging, combinatorial optimization, statistical analysis, discrete differential geometry, theoretical computer science, graph drawing, pure mathematics, and other fields.
- CG Learning Summer School in Paris (June 9-11)
- Graphs in Geometry and Algorithms (June 12)
- MASSIVE 2011: Third Workshop on Massive Data Algorithmics (June 16)
- November 22, 2010: Paper titles and (short) abstracts due
- December 01, 2010: Full submissions due (23:59, Honolulu time)
- February 14, 2011: Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers
- February 18, 2011: Submissions of videos and multimedia due (23:59, Pacific Standard Time)
- March 1, 2011: Notification of acceptance/rejection of video/multimedia
- March 22, 2011: Camera-ready versions due for papers and video/multimedia abstracts
- April 19, 2011: Final versions of video/multimedia due
- June 13-15, 2011: Symposium in Paris, France